It’s bake off day. Which means you can’t watch without some form of cake. Let’s start simple:
This recipe is so easy to follow and no special equipment required:
- The trick is equal weighs of self raising flour, butter, eggs and sugar. Whip up and throw in the oven.
- For the buttercream, you can just use a clean sandwich bag
- To make the pink tinted rose petals, brush streaks of colouring up the inside of the bag with a cocktail stick!
- Sit back, tune into the Great British Bake Off and tuck in!
Victoria Sponge Rose Petal Cupcakes
For the sponge:
- eggs, free range and organic
- self-raising flour
- salted butter, British and soft
- caster sugar
- vanilla extract
Full recipe here